Do not confuse
A healthy child is discharged from the maternity hospital, he grows and pleases his loved ones. Yes, the baby sometimes cries a little, but what children do not cry! Moreover, with the time, mom and dad get used to their new role and gradually understand what they need to be crude. Yes, and the reasons for crying are usually simple: the child wants to sleep or, on the contrary, communicate, it is cold or hot, in the end, he most often just requires it! Also later, when colic will begin, the crying of the first days and weeks will seem to parents with just a light irritation or whims. But mom and dad do not yet know and just rejoice at how son or daughter adds in weight and gaining strength. And suddenly it begins in a flat place! Usually, in the second half of the day, a completely calm before that, the child first wrinkles, wriggles, shriek the mouth, Krylachtit, then such a cry is heard that at the first moment there are particularly trembling parents for the heart. The legs toddler presses to the stomach, and his hands often beats through the air, his face bluses from a cry, and his belly strains. And suddenly the baby shook. Passed? No, almost immediately everything is repeated again. And since at least half an hour in a row, but as a maximum - a few hours a day. In the end, the child's strength cums and he falls asleep in exhaustion. Exhausted parents - too. The next day, everything starts first.
If you are very lucky, such attacks will last only one or twice in the evening for 30 minutes - 1 hour. In the middle, the attack lasts up to 3 hours. But there is an option and worse: every day the strength, duration and frequency of screams will increase, until in the end, the child will not shout every two hours and in the morning, and in the afternoon, and in the evening, and at night, of course. Parents will seem to seem that now this is already forever, but by 3 months the babies are miraculously healed, only a few colic continues until 4-5 months (well, that they are already much weaker). That's what they are, infant colic! Well, from the point of view of doctors, colic - it's just Top-like abdominal pain, accompanied by a pronounced child's concern.
Many years ago it was noted that there is some pattern in the manifestation of colic, the so-called "Rule three" :
- Colics often begin to three weeks of life - yes, it is almost always so.
- It goes on average about three hours a day - unfortunately, it is only an average.
- It is usually found in the children of the first three months of life - fortunately, this is true.
There are in colic and Positive moment : Usually the overall condition of the child with intestinal colic does not deteriorate: a child has a good appetite, it needs to be added in weight, in the intervals between the attacks of colic kid cheerful and looks like nothing. Against the background of infinite ora, parents are rejoiced already every little things. And once no other symptoms, except crying, and no, then colic and disease do not consider. Doctors call them a functional impairment in the work of the gastrointestinal tract (this means that there is no disorder in it, just the digestive system is not entirely working quite correctly).
Read the place to this place and has already become a little scary?
The best news: Colics are far from all children! There are lucky people who are only surprised by their shoulders to question, whether their child has colic.
The reason is not installed
There is another interesting feature colic: Absolutely determine why colic arises, difficult. There are many reasons here, and each kid can be their own:
- The enzymatic gastrointestinal system has not yet matured. Therefore, food is digested not to the end and too many gases are formed in the intestines, the gases stretch the intestinal walls, hence the pain.
- The intestine microflora has not yet been fully established and often changes, it again leads to an excess of gases and pain.
- The nervous muscular apparatus of the intestines is also ripe not yet fully. As a result, motility and intestinal spasms are enhanced.
- The child swallows during feeding too much air (it is not properly applied to the chest or it sucks too greedy). The air stretches the intestinal walls, which is also painful for many children.
- Mom feeds baby chest and eats a lot of dairy products, and the child has an allergy to the protein of cow's milk. As a result of this allergy, the intestinal wall is damaged. The secondary lactase deficiency occurs, the child lacks the enzyme lactase, which splits milk sugar. Sugar in the intestines wanders, gases are becoming more and, as a result, pain arises.
- In the kid, the increased sensitivity of the intestinal wall to stretching. The child feels pain to which another baby (or adult) and not pay attention.
- If the baby is on artificial feeding, then the whole thing can be in the mixture. Most likely, she does not fit the child.
Well, if the reason colic is some one and not very serious. For example, the baby during feeding swallows a lot of air. Then the colic will be expressed not too much. In addition, it is easy to eliminate this reason, just need to establish feeding. As a rule, the colic is completely tolerant while the child has the functional immaturity of the gastrointestinal tract (for example, microflora or few enzymes were installed). Let the baby cry in the evening even three hours, but 21 hours from 24 it is quite calm. In the end, when every evening (or three or four times a week), the same scenario is repeated, you already get used to it.
But if the reasons for colic are immediately somewhat or there is an allergy to a protein of cow's milk with lactase deficiency, then parents fully feel what it is when the child rises hysterically every two hours.
In order for the children's doctor to be easier to figure out what, most likely, the cause of colic, parents must tell him about her child as much as possible. For this will have to Take a diary colic and baby baby . By the way, some mothers are fond of these entries that continue to be carried out and then when colic will be held (just in case). Well, and then they get used to that colic no longer, and calm down.
What needs to be recorded in a diary of food:
- When colic arises: before, during or after feeding, if after feeding, then what time.
- How long is colic.
- Are there any rhythm in colic, they arise at the same time or in different ways.
- When colic is most pronounced (in the morning, day, in the evening).
- How mother feeds baby - breast or milk mixture. If breasts, then how many milliliters kid eats for one feeding. Breastfeeding on the clock or free.
- If a child gets a mixture, then what kind of dosage and how often.
- What eats mom if she feeds the baby with breasts.
What to do about it
Do I need to somehow examine a child with colic? Even if the doctor says that the baby has the most ordinary colic, parents will still want to pass the mass of analyzes and abdominal ultrasound.
And it is clear that the stronger the child shouts, the more mom and dad have a desire to examine him .
Ultrasound usually shows that with the structure of the internal organs in the child, everything is in order (immaturity and allergies to ultrasound are not visible). But parents even feel calmer. In Koprology (Kala Analysis), some changes are possible, and in the analysis of feces for carbohydrates (it confirms the lactase failure) carbohydrates and will be increased. The microbiological study of the feces (sowing) of clarity does not contribute to the picture. The microflora composition and so far can still be established to the end, and against the background of increased gas formation, it will be altered in addition.
So what to do now? As already mentioned, colic pass with age. Someone will say that you just have to gain patience and wait. This, of course, so, but when the crumb is crying and shouting constantly, it acts on the nervous system of all others. The situation in the house becomes nervous, the parents calm the baby from the last strength, and after all, it is also necessary to feed the child, and to walk with him, and cook food. Pope also exhausted endless shouts and night vigils, and he is a minider in the family plus, if driving, must concentrate on the road. In general, the rest is needed to all, it means that they need to cope with colic.
Immediately let's say that there is no 100% effective treatment colic: although there are many ways to combat them.
Someone helps something one thing, someone - another, you have to try almost all methods:
Proper feeding . If my mother feeds the baby on demand, the feeding should not become messy, especially it must be observed if the colic is enhanced while eating or immediately after it. The baby should not swallow during feeding the air, so it is necessary to ensure that he completely captured Arega. If the crumb is on artificial feeding, then the nipple must match the age (the milk hole in it should not be very large). You can use special anti-pole bottles - they prevent the air ingestion during feeding. Before feeding the child can be put on 10-15 minutes on the stomach, it stimulates the intestinal work. After feeding the child, it is necessary to hold it vertically to jumped air. But for some reason often colic arise even if all these rules are met.
Heat and massage . Some children have colic pass (or decrease) if they put something warm or just to get sick in a warm bath. Someone helps only folded several times and a sneaking diaper with iron. But someone's caring fathers wear clock by attaching to their chest, or just put the baby on their belly, but the effect, alas, no. The same happens, if you make a slice of a lightweight abdominal massage clockwise: it will help not help - you can only guess.
Power Mom . Pediatricians often recommend the mother to exclude any milk and dairy products from their nutrition (milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir, ice cream). Under the prohibition of products, as part of which, even partially, there is milk: for example, cookies, baking. Well, for women, women are not accustomed to diets, especially since the crumbs of Mom will already agree on everything. Usually after 7-10 days it can be seen, the diet helps or not. If the results are, then most likely that the child has an allergy to the protein of cow's milk and the mother will have to stay on silent food for some time.
Children's herbal teas and money with chamomile, fennel (They remove the intestines spasm and improve the exhaust of gases) - the result of them, again, the opposite. But they are better not to give them better. On the grass can also be allergic, which will only strengthen colic. What a tool is better to give (or nothing to give at all) will decide the pediatrician.
Medicines that destroy the walls of the gas bubble . Here, as with other ways, the effect is often temporary and not 100%. After all, these means only remove the symptoms, and the cause of the gas formation remains.
Enzymes for lactase insufficiency . If it is confirmed, the enzymes (lactase) help well. The main thing is that the cause of colic was installed correctly.
Molding, riding in stroller and car riding . They always swung children, that's just you need to download, and not shake a baby like a pear. Strong shaking can cause a concussion of the brain.
Non-traditional products . Of course, it sounds strange, but some parents assure that the sound of a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer soothes the screaming baby.
Another way is a sleep outdoor. There are so amazing babies that for some reason in the evening perfectly calm down in the fresh air, but as soon as mom tries to return home, instantly wake up and raise a cry. As soon as evening colic starts, moms have enough baby, stroller - and running to the street. And the case is not at all in riding in a wheelchair: the baby sleeps even if it just stands still. That's how Moms are sitting until midnight at the entrance. You will not say anything - heroic women!
Does the child have colic? Answer the questions :
- Colic began at the age of about 3-4 weeks?
- Appear regularly, more often in the evening?
- Attacks last about half an hour or more?
- Relief occurs after the fattening of gases or stool?
- Attack is accompanied by restless behavior?
- Creek loud, shrill, wave (it fits, it appears again)?
- The tummy will take, the crumb presses the legs to the stomach or sucks them?
If the most positive answers are likely that these are colic, high.
The child turned 3 months or a little more, the baby is almost more commonly happy and cheerful. And suddenly - colic disappear at all. What about parents? Parents still do not believe their happiness!
Our baby is 1.5 months old. During the last week, it is constantly tormented by pain in the tummy: she often cries, stew, pulls legs. Yes, and the chair changed, became a foyster and with an unpleasant smell. How long can it last? Already no effort to watch it suffer. Tell me, please, what can I help?
Such appeals are not uncommon in forums for moms, which are concerned about the question of what to do if the tummy hurts the newborn baby. Let's talk about the reasons for such ailicness in babies and, most importantly, the ways to eliminate these problems.
As a child aware of his body
After nine months of intrauterine development, your child is ready to be born. This means that its organs and systems are formed to such a level, which allows the baby to exist and function independently. But is it interrupted by mom and child after his birth?
The first weeks the newborn still does not realize that he is now a separate man. He only has to understand what he is! In the meantime, the baby continues to feel one whole with a mummy. He needs to constantly feel your presence nearby.
The kid does not know about the presence of his body, handles and legs. It acts instinctively, using only unconditional reflexes. And the mother remains for him the source of the necessary vital substances and comfortable sensations. Read the article about what a child should be able to 1 month? >>>
Getting used to life in the big world
By the time of birth, your crumbs are far from excellence and the first six months will take place its gradual adaptation to the conditions of the surrounding world. A huge role in this process is given to female milk.
All that the child received during the period of intrauterine development through the umbilical cord, after birth, he continues to receive from maternal breast milk. Its composition is unique and designed to replenish all the needs of the newborn.
- Breast milk protein has a huge role for the development of the immunity and the nervous system of the child;
- Fats included in its composition are a building material for nervous fibers and brain tissues. They also serve to supply a small organism necessary energy;
- Carbohydrates provide nutrition of the brain, normalize the intestinal flora;
- Breast milk contains a complete complex of vitamins and minerals, which are fully absorbed by the infant organism;
- There are enzymes that contribute to the splitting of fats and improving digestion. Also, in milk contains substances that protect the intestine from dysbacteriosis;
- Mother's milk is rich in hormones that regulate and contribute to the full formation of mechanisms to overcome stressful situations;
- In milk there are components necessary for the final ripening of all functional systems.
Thus, Mamochino Milk is intended to provide absolute health of the newborn. No even high-quality children's milk mixture or the most that neither is, natural goat milk will not be able to become a full-fledged substitute for breast milk.
If you try to feed your baby as long as possible, its adaptation process to the outside world will be gently and necessary. And then you do not have to worry about the fact that the tummy hurts in the newborn. And about how to feed the baby's baby, read the article successful beginning of breastfeeding >>>
But not only the right nutrition will help you to protect the child from the problems with the tummy. Oddly enough, it sounds, but on the appearance of colic, joins, dysbacteriosis and constipation, may affect the improper handling of the newborn. How to deal with colic watch a soft tummy >>>
Many situations in which you think that a newborn has a tummy hurts, in fact connected with other reasons that cause changes in the behavior of the infant. It can cry and capricious from the fact that moms have no long or from the fact that you misunderstand its momentous needs or from your inept actions when breastfeeding a newborn.
For example, if during the attachment of the child to the chest it will be inconvenient to lie, it will not be there, but it will start to paint and capricious. The same can be observed if the mother does not help the baby properly grab the lips of the nipple.
Know! Most often, crying baby is not a sign that he has something hurts, but indicates that he is unhappy with something!
Stomach hurts: Causes
How to understand that a newborn has a tummy? In the overwhelming majority, with suspected pain in the tummy, according to the results of the survey, no pathological deviations are detected.
It is also established that the accumulation of gases in the bowel of the newborn is characteristic practically for any infant, but they do not affect his well-being. The same thing is also said about jeeping - this is not a deviation, but a normal phenomenon that is happening due to the immaturity of the nervous system of the infant. Read the article to find out why the child jumps after feeding >>>
Then why does a newborn tummy hurt? Maybe several reasons:
- genetic pathology;
- The consequence of improper care of the kid; Important information in the article Care for a newborn baby >>>
- immaturity of the infant digestive system;
- violation of a diet nursing mother; About the diet of a nursing mother describes in detail in our course safe food of nursing mom >>>
- Front and rear milk imbalance.
Many mammies do not know that breast milk is different:
- The portion of milk, which the newborn drinks in the first 15 minutes, is called "front" milk. It is transparent, watery and sweet. This milk contains many carbohydrates (lactose), vitamins and minerals, immunoglobulins;
- The portion of milk, which the baby gets when sucks chest about 20 minutes or more, is called "rear" milk. It is rich in fats and enzymes.
One of the most common reasons that your baby has a tummy hurts, there may be a lack of "rear" milk. After all, most often the newborn sucks the breast for a short time and does not have time to "get" to this portion. Thus, in its intestines, there is a shortage of enzymes that provide complete splitting and absorption of maternal milk.
Hurts tummy: what to do?
The establishment of the exact reason why the tummy's newborn hurts, makes it possible to deal with what to do in each case.
- When establishing a diagnosis, indicating the presence of a digestive system in the infant, treatment is appointed by a doctor;
- If a newborn tummy hurts that the mother seduced in some kind of prohibited for the period of breast feeding with a product - it is necessary to urgently correct this error and eliminate this product from the mum's diet for at least 2 weeks;
- To eliminate the imbalance of different types of breast milk, it is necessary to reconsider their approaches to feeding:
- In the first 3 months you need to feed often (10 - 12 times a day) at the request of the baby;
- Do not miss the night feeding (3 times per night);
- If the newborn sustes milk for a short time and after a short period of time, again asks to eat, you need to apply it to the same chest, which the previous time was given;
- Do not grind milk.
- In other cases, when a newborn tummy hurts, the main advice, how to help - to show attention and care. Need to:
- keep the kid warm;
- Do not shoot his movement with close swarenia;
- Often wearing on your arms, pressing the tummy to your body;
- arrange a warm bath; How to bathe newborn, is described in detail in the article how to bathe newborn? >>>
- Make a light massage.
In general, all kinds of relaxation and relaxation methods should be used, which will be returned to the child feel comfort and he calms down.
What do not need to do?
In conclusion? I would like to warn from what it is not necessary to do in a situation where the newborn is boil in the tummy.
First of all, you should not hurry to conduct a medical examination and go to artificial feeding baby! The view that dairy mixtures enriched with all sorts of probiotics are able to get rid of the tummy problems - just a myth. They will never replace their maternal milk in their properties.
Also, you do not need to look from the tummy for newborn medicines. In most cases, information about their effectiveness is no more than advertising move, and the relief for the child does not occur. In addition, they have contraindications and side effects, and their frequent use is slowing down by the natural formation of the digestive system and the formation of the intestinal useful microflora.
Read more about this in the article medicine from colic in newborns >>>
You must remember that better therapy than mummage care and love for a newborn baby does not exist. Your milk and attentive attitude towards your crumb is enough for the fact that the child did not get sick.
Diseases of the stomach and intestines in young children are among the most severe sections of domestic pediatrics. There are two large division of diseases of the digestive organs in children: organic and functional. Organic diseases are associated with structural changes of the organs, that is, there is a defeat of organs and tissues. Functional diseases are characterized by the absence of damage to organs and tissues, but there are violations in the regulation of the data of these organs. It is worth noting that the change in the regulation of the internal organs is characterized by the appearance of symptoms that are very similar to the symptoms in organic pathologies. This is the difficulty in the formulation of the diagnosis and treatment of children.
In 2016, an improved classification and new criteria for the diagnosis of functional disorders of the digestive tract in young children were developed. Roman Diagnostic Criteria IV . This group includes infant colic. Next, we consider in more detail this pathology, disassembled the main manifestations and methods of treating this ailment in a child.
What is intestinal colic
Intestinal colic is a sharp, sudden (no visible causes) anxiety, long crying or a cry from the baby usually the first four months of life. Infant colic starts approximately two or three weeks after birth, reach their peak for the sixth week. After the eighth week, their intensity and frequency gradually decreases. Most often they are observed from birth to three to four months. Sometimes up to five to six months. It is worth noting that 60-70% of children have a difficult amount of colic that negatively affects the psychological condition of the parents.
Parents need to be ready for a difficult period, because 60-70% of children have a difficult number of colic.
Causes of intestinal colic in children
To the main reasons leading to the development of colic in children include:
- Inproved nervous regulation of the intestine of the kid.
- Strengthening gas formation due to lack of enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Intestinal dysbioma, that is, a disorder of intestinal microbiotes. If you are expressed by a more affordable language, it means a malfunction between the microorganisms that our intestines inhabit.
- Incorrect nutrition of nursing mothers.
- Disruption of the gallbladder function.
- One of the most studied reasons for the development of intestinal colic is currently The intolerance to the proteins of cow's milk.
As mentioned earlier, the main cause of functional diseases is the violation of the nervous or humoral regulation of the operation of the internal organs. In this case, there is a violation of the regulation of the intestinal activity in a newborn and infant.
Symptoms of intestinal colic in a child
Parents often ask the question: "How to understand that a newborn colic?". According to the developed Roman criteria for the diagnosis of functional diseases in young children, intestinal colic begin and stop in children under the age of five months. The main symptoms and signs of colic in the newborn include:
- Regular and prolonged attacks of crying, anxiety and irritability of the baby, which appear without a visible cause. As a rule, the duration of such episodes is three or more hours a day and they appear at least three days a week for at least one week. For convenience, this can be called "Rule of Three".
- The lack of signs indicating a violation of the development of the kid. Also, such children should not have an increase in temperature and signs of other diseases.
Parents need to closely monitor the behavior of the baby and not miss the alarming signs.
It is worth emphasizing that there are so-called " Symptoms alarm ", Which allow you to confirm or eliminate the organic pathology in the baby.
К "Symptoms of Anxiety" relate:
- Vomiting with blood.
- Aspiration. Aspiration is called fluid in the respiratory tract. Most often marked with organic pathology.
- Apnea or, in other words, stop breathing.
- Difficulties in swallowing food and feeding.
- Unusual poses during feeding.
These symptoms exclude the presence of functional pathology. In such cases, an in-depth examination is recommended for correct diagnosis.
Treatment of intestinal colic in children
More than 95% of cases, treatment is not in the "treatment of colic", but to help parents in the passage of a complex period in the development of the child. After all, this condition is inevitably developing in children of the first half of life.
In the treatment of infant colic, three stages can be distinguished:
- Diet . Most often, colic in a newborn in breastfeeding develops against the background of the error in the Mom diet. If the child is on natural feeding (breast milk), then mom is recommended to stick to a hypoallergenic diet. This diet implies a complete exception of food products such as: nuts, seafood and fish products (canned food, caviar, fish broths, fresh and salted fish), citrus, chocolate products, smoked, eggs, milk, berries and fruits of red and orange Colors, coffee, poultry meat (the exception is white turkey meat and chicken), honey and products based on it, all types of confectionery products. It is important to draw the attention of parents to the exclusion from the diet of the mother of cow's milk . If the baby is on artificial feeding, then the use of mixtures based on the full hydrolyzate of milk protein, casein. They are a mixture of colic in a newborn. Applied also under a number of other diseases. The mixtures of this group include: "Alfar", "Nutrilon Pepta Allergy", "Frisopep AS". This mixture group is expensive. Another minus is taste quality, so many children refuse her. In this case, the bias is on its positive effect, which exceeds all its disadvantages.
It is important to draw the attention of parents to an exception from the diet of the mother of cow's milk.It is necessary to note the importance of changing feeding mode. Mom must reduce the intervals between feeding, as well as reduce the amount of one-time feeding.
- Postural therapy (Regulation therapy). It is that the child after feeding must be used in the inclined position. The angle of inclination should be approximately 45 degrees, stomach down. Hold the child in this position is about ten and fifteen minutes. This position allows you to contribute to the disheve of the air swallowed during feeding. It is also recommended between feeding and during the attack of a colic child to lay out on the stomach. This will help reduce the manifestation of symptoms at the kid. That is how parents can help the baby with colic, applying quite light in the performance of the movement.
- Medical treatment. What to give from colic newborne? What is better from colic for a newborn? Such questions are tormented by many parents. Next, consider the rating of the best funds from colic for a newborn . The main group of drugs used during intestinal colic are Simeticon-based preparations: Infofol, Colikid, Espumizan . Are the best tool from the colic in newborns. Available in suspension. The dosage depends on the age of the child. In case of artificial feeding, the drug is added to a bottle of children's nutrition with each feeding. With breastfeeding, with the help of spoons give up or after breastfeeding. They have a pronounced windy action, that is, reduce the amount of gases in the intestinal lumen. As is well known, the increased gas content has pressure on the intestinal walls, which is accompanied by pain in the stomach. Because of this, the child appears to cry. These drugs contribute to the destruction of gas bubbles, thereby eliminating the crying in a child.
It is worth noting that there are also vegetable (phytopreparations) with a wind turbulent action. This includes drugs based on Ukrop, Fennel: "Happy Baby", children's tea with Fennel "Nestle". These drugs are developed on the basis of folk remedies from colic in a newborn.
The second group of drugs used in intestinal colic are probiotics. Probiotics are drugs normalizing intestinal microflora. The composition contains beneficial bacteria. For a person, two large groups of living intestinal microorganisms are important: lactobacillia and bifidobacteria. Preference is given Prema Kids, Bioja, Baby Tank Set. Used in the development of intestinal colic against the background of dysbiotic disorders of the intestinal microflora.
The third group of drugs in the treatment of intestinal colic are enzymes - lactase. Treatments of this group include: Lactase Baby, Mamalak . Typically, the contents of the capsule are added to the first portion of the pre-release milk or milk power supply. Feeding starts in a few minutes.
In the absence of a positive effect on therapy, it is possible to use prokinetics and antispasmodics. Prokinetics are drugs that normalize motility (i.e., the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract). It belongs to them Domperidon . Antispasmodics are drugs that relax the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract. In early age children proven itself Riabal . Riabal is an effective means of colic in a newborn, as in the shortest possible time removes the spasm of the intestine muscles.
Under the hospital conditions, such patients are possible to use a gas-conductive tube or enema. This procedure should be carried out exclusively by a medical worker.
Infant colic are an urgent pediatric problem. Many parents are trying to cope with this illness independently, without resorting to the help of doctors. This is their mistake. The attending physician will help you choose the necessary diet, as well as methods of medication of the child. After all, colic development directly affects the psychological state of the parents. Long crying a child often makes them fall into despair. The task of the pediatrician is the explanation of the essence of this problem, as well as the methods of treating this pathology. It is worth noting that during treatment, preference is given to non-drug treatments. So, according to recommendations Espghan. The preference is given to the organization of the rational nutrition of the baby and the creation of a favorable microclimate. Do not panic. If the first signs of the disease appear, consult your doctor.
Colics in the tummy - almost the only reason why babies and moms can not sleep comfortably for up to three months, and sometimes longer. Spasms and typical crying can last hours. If your child has a tummy problem, experts recommend paying attention to when colic arises how you feed the child, whether the diet and power rules are followed. What is colic, how much they last and how to help with colic for children of the first months of life, explains the doctor of medical sciences, a professor, a pediatrician and a gastroenterologist Irina Kolodov.
- Irina Nikolaevna, the very first problem with which a young mother faces, - abdominal pain. Why does a child hurt a tummy?
- For dover children, the physiological state is the immaturity of organs and systems, including the central nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract. It is from the digestive organs that all problems begin. Due to the disorder of food digestion, which is associated with the immaturity of the enzymatic system of the child, a violation of the motility and the process of forming the intestinal microbiota, children often arise pain and spasms - in the intestine accumulates a large number of gas gazes. This leads to the emergence of so-called infant colic. Colics are a temporary state, they will definitely pass.
- Colics often disturbing parents. How to recognize this condition at the kid?
- The clinical picture colic is quite simple, this is:
- Creek, spasms;
- The child bluses, it is so much crying, pulls the legs to the stomach;
- Crying quiet or very loud, from a few minutes to several hours.
- If colic does not indicate a certain disease and are considered a physiological norm, how to distinguish their manifestations - pain and bloating - from a more serious problem?
- After the events held at home, which help the existence of gases, colic usually pass and the baby ceases to cry, calms down. In the intervals between colic, the child is active and positive, smiles and communicates, and nothing breaks his well-being. The baby has no temperature, it eats well, adds in weight. But as soon as the colic period comes, a specific clinical picture appears again.
Colics - this is not pathology, but a physiological state that usually begins a month and takes 3-5 months. Mom should not worry about this, since its anxiety sometimes worsens colic, and in addition, it can lead to hypoglactics.
How can you help children with colic?
- Sometimes the attack colic is fed, if you take a baby in your arms and shake it or lay it on the tummy. You can massate the tummy with light movements clockwise - surface, shallow movements have a soft soothing effect. Also spasms removes extra warmth - the warm flannel diaper is applied to the tummy and slightly pressing the child to themselves: the gazees will go away, and the baby will become easier. These are the rules for the prevention of colic, and ways to reduce their manifestations.
Methods of help can be used in a complex or separately until you find the one that best removes colic on your child.
An important place in the prevention of colic and removing disturbing kid symptoms is given to the right feeding technique. Unfortunately, Moms often do not know how to attach the child to the chest.
Recommendations for nursing mom on proper applying to the chest
Incorrect feeding of a child
Position of the child
Position of the child
Incorrect feeding of a child
Incorrect feeding of a child
Incorrect feeding of a child
- What aid tools can be used to treat colic to release gases as comfortable for a child?
- Enema and gas pipe
- The gas trap is introduced shallow - no more than one centimeter. First of all, it is necessary to process the anus and the tip of the tube with vaseline oil, after which it is inserting it - and the gaziki will be departed.
If the child did not have a chair, sometimes solves the problem. It is allowed to put an enema with water temperature, but a small volume, 10-15 ml, with the help of a special fringe for young children. Anus and the tip of the enema are pre-treated with vaseline oil.
- Preparations based on medicinal herbs
- Durce water and drugs based on mint, fennel, valeroans help reduce gas formation and remove gas tires, which allows to reassure the child. But it is not necessary to get involved in herbs. If the child has a burdened allergic (parents or other family members suffer from allergies), then an allergic reaction can develop on herbs.
- The pharmacists are widely sold in the pharmacists - the preparations based on Simeticon. Simethikon is used quite a long time, and in numerous clinical and experimental work it is shown that this substance is not toxic. It is inert, not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, and excreted together with the feet of the child's body. Simethikon contributes to the collapse of bubbles, which are then easily displayed or absorbed. Preparations on its basis are well transferred to children and do not possess side and toxic effects.
Before using any pharmaceutical and aids, consult with a pediatrician!
- Infant colic not in vain is called three months - over time they will pass. But what to do, if you remove colic not work?
- Unfortunately, colic in some children can be delayed and do not even pass in 4-5 months. Such a picture occurs in kids with morphofunctional immaturity, which intrauterine developed badly or born with a shortage of body mass or premature. In addition, the colic in children with allergies on the protein of cow's milk proceeds is the longest and hard. If a child has heavy and tightening colic, the mother must be consulted to the doctor so that he revealed the cause of Colik in time and prescribed the dietary correction of mother or medication therapy to the baby.
Another problem is the return of colic on the administration stage of the supplies. When moving to a new food, the child needs time to learn to digest her, so colic with the introduction of feeding can again arise against the background of increased gas formation.
- Is it possible to avoid colic from a newborn baby?
- Colics are inevitable, this is a natural state for the kids of the first months of life. They are found practically in all children, but in varying degrees.
A very important role in the treatment and prevention of heavy colic plays the state of the mother. Therefore, you do not need to worry, nervous. Colics is not a disease, they will pass. In such difficult periods, Mom should feel support from her husband, relatives: then it will be in a good mood, and the baby is calm. The child clearly feels the mood of mom throughout the whole childhood. No wonder the Japanese say that he is connected with the mother of invisible umbilical cord for up to 12 years.
In addition, the mother must eat correctly, it must have enough sleep, and she needs to fulfill all those guidelines for feeding and the regime that we talked above.
The main reason for children's colic is the temporal immaturity of organs and systems of the child. However, colic can be a sign and other states. Such, for example, as air from the suction of the chest or a bottle, the use of unusual products at the feeding stage or intolerance of some food. Sometimes it is difficult to separate one situation on the other, you need to take into account many factors. And if with the help of simple anticolone measures, the baby's condition is not improved or the colic does not pass to the three-five months, the solution is only one thing: consult a doctor.
Pediatrician Irina Nikolaevna Cold
* The perfect food for the breast is Mother's Milk. WHO recommends solely breastfeeding in the first 6 months. Mamako. ®Supports this recommendation. Before the introduction of new products to the diet of new products, consult with a specialist.
Kid often cry, blushes and pulls the legs during feeding? Parents stopped sleeping at night and do not know if everything is normal and how to help the child? Effective solutions for colic problem - on MedaboutMe portal.
Colics and "Gaziki" in newborn children
Colims are called parlories in the intestines, in which children express anxiety, blush, cry or grind. The reasons for colic are several: it is the immaturity of the baby's enzymatic apparatus, and the imperfection of a neuromuscular system, a tendency to gas formation due to improper breast grip, as well as a imperfect diet of a nursing mother.
Colics are often enhanced with bad weather. Some experts speak of the "baby migraine" as a cause of pain.
Painful sensations due to the imperfection of the digestive system are marked more than 70% of children. And the boys suffer more often than girls.
Most often, the behavior of the tummy begin at the age of 2-3 weeks after birth. The first weeks children eat little, and in their organisms there are still mamines hormones with a soothing effect.
About pronounced colic they say if they deliver great concern to the baby and last more than 3 hours a day.
Why is this happening?
First, with improper sucking in the stomach and the intestines can enter the air. This "air ball" in the intestine causes pressure, leading to painful sensations.
Secondly, the gastrointestinal tract of the child is just starting to function. Black Color Cal, Mekonia, is the first "product" of the intestinal kid. Of course, the intestines must be adjusted, learn to shrink and move the carte masses synchronously and in the right direction.
Thirdly, the abundant arrival of milk, starting from the second week, makes the child's body work in a new mode for it. It often happens that the level of lactose, which is necessary for the splitting of lactase (milk sugar) is insufficient. Surplus of non-separable sugar provoke excess gas formation.
Another frequent cause is associated with the wrong organization of the child feeding. If mom, following the old rules, feeds with a breast no more than 15-20 minutes, replacing one breast in the process to another, then the child receives only the "front" milk. It is more liquid, contains less fats than the "rear" portion does not bring the baby a sense of proper saturation and contributes to the increase in colic.
If the mother does not comply with the diet of nursing, abuses carbohydrates, sharp dishes and seasonings, as well as products contributing to increased gas formation (fresh pastries, legumes), it can provoke as the appearance of colic-like pains and allergies in children.
How can parents help the baby?
Collection assistance is divided into three areas of activity.
The first direction is direct assistance to the child during a painful attack or for the prevention of the following colic.
It is said that families who are "lucky" with a sensitive baby experiencing frequent and severe pains from Colik, have their own variants of "strange dances", special walks, bouncing and swinging with a child in their arms during attempts to calm him down. And this is true, parents find their methods to solve the problem and help to children.
Many helps a heated iron or on a warm battery diaper, laid on the stomach. Heat helps to relieve spasms and facilitate the separation of gases. Also (only much more pleasant for both the crumbs and parents) works the laid out of the child on the belly of an adult. A good option - as an adult to use dad. This will give mom's time to your affairs, and Pope - the opportunity to chat with the child and give the crumb to feel your care.
Modern methods of wearing children on the body of an adult (sling, sling-backpacks) are also well suited to reduce the problem of colic. The baby, in close proximity to the adult body, especially pressed towards it with the tummy, gets two bonuses at once: relaxing warmth and swinging movements, if an adult does not stand still. Well, the parents at this time can actively engage in their affairs.
During feeding, it is necessary to ensure that the baby suck milk from the chest or the bottle correctly. Invalid seizure, an unusual shape of a nipple or an inappropriate packer on a bottle can also cause colic. For completeness of confidence, you can invite a breastfeeding consultant or clarify whether everything is in order with the process of food, the pediatrician.
The famous exercise for newborn children is "bike". Flexing and extension of legs, as when driving a bike, facilitate the movement of hiding masses and gases in the intestine and help digestive processes. Two most convenient postures for exercise - when a child lies on a changer table on his back, and when the baby is on his knees in an adult, head to the belly mother or dad. In such a posture, it is not only convenient to make the necessary movements with the legs of the baby, but also "communicate" with family members: a child under the supervision, silent (after all, the tummy does not hurt!) And physically develops.
Combine heat and exercises are good when bathing in the bath. Many cries that suffer from colic are calmed in warm water, and physical activity helps to move the next "session" colic for a long time.
How does the child's health depend on mom?
Despite the fact that there are happy mothers who do not need to stick to the diet during feeding, most are needed reasonable restrictions in nutrition.
In addition to sharp, gas-forming and highly carbon black dishes and drinks, it is also necessary to refrain some time from cow's milk, replacing it with fermented with fermented dishes.
The classic "lactation recipe" of old times is very sweet tea with milk and a bow with butter. The abundance of warm drink, carbohydrates and fats that support the body of the mother and give the opportunity to produce a lot of milk, in this recipe combined worse than everything. Milk contains lactase, sugar is pure carbohydrate, baking, especially from wheat flour, contributes to gas formation, and an abundance of fats in oil with non-harmonious consumption adversely affects the liver. Such food not only can cause a negative reaction in a child, but also is not useful for mom's health.
Replacing a similar combination is better than herbal or fastening (strong can excite infants) tea with a small content of sugar, bread from bran and cottage cheese or yogurt. And improving the lactation - a long-term contact with the baby and the provision of opportunity, there is as much as he wants.
Often colic can be a reaction to the introduction of a new mixture, change the brand of the mixture. In this case, it is worthwhile to keep a diary, recording what and how often the reaction was detected. Such problems are solved by replacing the manufacturer of artificial milk or returning to breastfeeding.
Diet and exercises do not help? It's time for pediatrician
When complaints about colic, the pediatrician must provide the following information:
- child feeding type;
- When the attack begins - before, during or after feeding;
- the duration of attacks, their dynamics during the day;
- What time of day or night most often there are colic;
- Are there any additional factors: the influence of weather, allergies in family members, child presence.
Usually, first of all, the pediatrician will advise you to check the mother's diet, the seizure of the breast when feeding, use during attacks a warm diaper and do exercises.
If all this is a step in dealing with colic, then the following options can be proposed:
- Waterproof products (fennel infusion, special herbal teas for mom and baby);
- Preparations containing simethicone, a windwise means with the ability to divide gas bubbles in the intestine;
- After analyzing the feces on carbohydrates, if more than 1% are recommended preparations that promote the cleavage of lactase or transfer to a low-column mixture for children on artificial feeding.
The colic period is usually remembered by parents as the most difficult. Craying from pain and frightening own gazikov kid causes a feeling of helplessness and fatigue in young mothers and dads.
However, this period is most often ends with the three months of the child's life, enzyme deficiency, the immaturity of the central nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract remain in the past, and the former newborn becomes an active and cheerful baby without any problems with colic. Therefore, the main medicine during colic, as they say wise Chinese, - "Survive 100 days of crying baby."
Hurt the tummy in a newborn. What to do?
03/24/2021 Reading time: 6 minutes 536.
If the newborn could somehow report exactly what it was crying, how much easier would be young mothers. Maybe the reason is completely nothing, and maybe it's time to run to the doctor - how to figure it out? If you fed the crumb, changed him the diaper, took it in my hands, made sure that there are no gross folds on clothes, it does not pull anything, but he still does not calm down, perhaps the baby worries the tummy.
How to understand that a child has a stomach hurt?
On the pain in the tummy, the newborn indicates the symptoms that you will not confuse with anything:
- sharp shrill cry;
- The baby is supported by legs or pulls them up to the stomach, wound up;
- in the tummy boils, there is a meteorism;
- The face is blushing, the baby is constantly worried.
Frequent causes of abdominal pain in a newborn.
"Tallest hurt" is not a diagnosis. It may be hurt for different reasons. The most common cause of abdominal pain in babies is intestinal colic.
Colics begin with the second-third week of the baby's life and can last up to three to four months.
Colics may arise due to the fact that the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract of the baby are not sufficiently mature for independent work in the outside world - outside the maternal organism. In addition, the colic in the baby can cause errors in the nutrition of the mother or the unsuitable milk mixture.
- The risk of intestinal colic is increased by premature babies, as well as if pregnancy and childbirth mothers proceed with complications. But not insured from them and completely healthy babies.
- Symptoms of anxiety - when urgently to the doctor?
- Intestinal colic is not the only reason for which the baby can hurt the belly. Sometimes the pain causes serious violations that require urgent medical care.
- They indicate:
- • Increase body temperature.
• Little weight gains or abuse.
• Vomiting with blood, blood in feces.
• Failure to eat.
• No stool.
Symptoms of alarm:
Increase body temperature
Small weight gains or aback.
Vomiting with blood, blood in feces.
Failure to eat.No stool.
How to help baby?
(0If there are no such formidable symptoms, the baby adds normally in weight, eats well and sleep well - until the attack of pain is started - you can try to facilitate its condition during colic. 0)